“Hey Georgi, you should probably write something on your blog… because, you know, it’s good for you and you find it fun?”
“Oh… should I? Or should I stay in bed and hibernate?”
“No. Write on your blog!”
This is what I’ve been battling with for the last month. And I’m about to say something that’s going to age me terribly but the cold weather has really affected me this year. It’s been really hard to motivate myself into doing anything productive.
But I’m trying to kick myself into gear again because nobody else is going to do it for me!! And if I don’t want to be an unpublished sad-sack for the rest of my twenties then I’ve got to start taking myself a bit more seriously! I’ll probably still be a sad-sack but hopefully, I’ll be a sad-sack with a bulk of awesome stories that I can throw at the world.
I thought it might be useful to write down a list of goals that I want to achieve in the next eight weeks to make me feel a little more… accomplished? Satisfied? Productive? Happy? All of the above? Why eight weeks? Because in eight weeks I’m going to be 26.
I’m endearingly calling the next eight weeks, Do Something With Your Life Otherwise You’ll Be Twenty-Six And Pointless. I’m joking. I’m joking! I’m already pointless…
So my basic goals are as follows: (and feel free to follow them if you need a kick!)
- Read books that remind me why you want to write.
- Write what you’re inspired by.
- Read short stories to get a grip on life and learn lessons.
- Go outside and stay hydrated to avoid being crazy.
- Blog, damn it! It’s fun and motivating!
- Draw a thing every day. It doesn’t have to be big or impressive.
- Don’t be afraid to make mistakes!
- Stop eating so much cheese, it gives you a headache and makes you sad…
Thanks for reading. Stay inspired and be happy.